It is ‘en vogue’ to pretend that decentralization is the future (it sure is the past though) and that we will soon decentralize all the things. If you want to take the blue pill, you can continue to read the mainstream media. If you want a real analysis about what decentralization means, if it is actually achievable or if it is even desirable, read those excellent articles:
- Simon Morris 4 posts sharing Bittorrent Lessons for Crypto
- Oliver Beige Decentralization and Menger’s theorem
- Vitalik Buterin The Meaning of Decentralization
- Michel Rauchs A Note On Censorship Resistance
- Balaji Srinivasan Quantifying Decentralization
- Cameron McLain Blockchain: When Does Decentralization Make Sense?
- Matt Lockyer Partially Decentralized Organizations
- John Backus Resistant protocols: How decentralization evolves
- John Backus Minimum Viable Decentralization
- Nathan Schneider Decentralizing Everything Never Seems to Work
- Jeffrey Tucker Maybe We Need Financial Intermediation
2 thoughts on “Top articles about decentralization”
Thank you, Mr. Meunier for your generous sharing!
We love reading it!
We have historically oscillated between centralization and decentralization.
It is yet to be seen whether we will decentralize more this time.